These gingerbread slices with jam and chocolate icing are quick and easy to make and spread a tempting aroma throughout the house. The olive oil in the dough makes the gingerbread biscuits moist and fluffy. The biscuits have a wonderful nutty and fruity taste - Christmas can come!
The quantity is enough for one baking tray.
- 350 g plain flour
- 100 g ground hazelnuts
- 4 tbsp gingerbread spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 sachet baking powder
- 150 g chopped candied fruit
- 150-200 g coconut blossom sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 4 eggs
- 50 g MANI olive oil with lemon
- 50 g MANI orange olive oil
- 50 g MANI extra virgin olive oil, Selection
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 ml milk or vegetable milk
- 4 tbsp jam of your choice
- 150 g dark chocolate or chocolate coating
- 15 g MANI extra virgin olive oil, Selection
Mix the dry ingredients together well in a bowl.
Mix all the liquid ingredients until frothy and pour into the dry ingredients. Mix everything together well.
Line a baking tray with baking paper and use a baking frame if available.
Spread the dough on the tray or in the baking frame and bake in the preheated oven at 190°C top/bottom heat for approx. 20 minutes.
Leave to cool and spread thinly with the jam.
Melt two thirds of the chocolate with the oil over a water bath. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining third of the chocolate. Spread a thin layer of chocolate icing over the cake and decorate as desired.